To track and communicate student achievement, engage family members as true partners, and manage the distribution and collection of Springboard materials in close collaboration with a Site Leader.
Who we’re looking for:
- A thoughtful, hard worker with superior initiative, integrity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “can-do” attitude.
- A coordinator who is well organized, has acute attention to the smallest detail, and can adapt to the challenges of leading a school team.
- A communicator who can clearly synthesize information and relay it to diverse audiences.
- A leader who is ready to drive outcomes, solve problems, manage relationships, and take ownership of a school community.
- A curious and data-minded administrator with skills managing and manipulating databases, and mastery of the Microsoft suite and Google Applications.
- A believer in our collective opportunity to close the literacy achievement gap through hard work and meaningful collaboration with families.
Lead programming operations
- Communicate program expectations and results regularly with families, teachers, and the Springboard team.
- Manage student records ensuring accuracy and completeness in Springboard’s database system, Slinky.
- Support Teachers’ data, technology, and logistics needs during program preparation (Ready Week), weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings, and the five weeks of Springboard Summer.
- Co-plan the end-of-program Learning Bonus Celebration with your Site Leader.
Manage materials and inventory
- Plan for materials distribution to teachers, scholars, and families.
- Maintain inventory records of items at your school site and coordinate unexpected needs with the operations team.
- Manage the acquisition and on-site distribution of incentives.
- Return borrowed or excess materials and program documents to the warehouse.
- Count and pack all materials at the end of programming for your site and at the warehouse.
Support communication and outreach to families
- Assist in enrollment as needed, to ensure every seat is filled.
- Ensure teachers are prepared for fruitful family workshops.
- Lead family workshop outreach through proactive advertising and repeated reminders.
- Coordinate workshop logistics, i.e. classroom set up, family sign-in, transitions, book distribution, etc.
- Communicate with families and conduct make-up workshops as needed.
- Keep up-to-date records of family contact information.
- Assist in printing and distributing program documents to families.
Collect and enter data
- Record daily student attendance, nightly minutes read, reading levels, etc.
- Manage scholars’ assessment folders, ensuring teachers have materials needed for testing and that all information is recorded accurately on the folder and in Springboard’s database.
- Organize paper files and return records at the end of programming.
- Complete end of program Impact Report detailing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Attend full-day orientation and training, typically on a Saturday.
- Assist in transporting materials to trainings and school sites.
- Participate in weekly meetings: operations team call, All-Staff meeting, PLCs, School-Wide Action Plan meetings.
- Collect photos of programming and quotes from participants.
- Participate in mid-program reflection and end-of-program debrief.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve unforeseen challenges.
How we measure success:
- Reading Progress: Are students meeting reading growth goals? Do students have action plans?
- Family Engagement: Did all families receive a home visit? Are families attending our weekly workshops? Are families cultivating new reading habits?
- Program Enrollment and Attendance: Did the school reach its target enrollment? Are enrolled students attending regularly?
- Site Success: Are teachers achieving their growth goals? Is inventory organized and returned?
In 2019 we expect to hire Operations Leads in the following cities, contingent on partnership contracts: Fresno, CA; Oakland, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; New York, NY; Norwalk, CT; Philadelphia, PA; Wilmington, DE; Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC; Stockton, CA; and Salinas, CA.
The Operations Lead position is 30 hours of work per week for 6 weeks. Operations Leads will attend up to 10 hours of training prior to the start of program and will spend approximately 10 hours after program completing inventory. Specific program dates are dependent on district and school calendars.
Operations Leads are compensated $15-$22 per hour for up to 200 hours. Operations Leads are eligible for a $600 performance bonus. Employment is contingent on providing proof of state required clearances and background checks.
This position reports directly to the Springboard Site Leader at our partner schools and works regularly with the Operations Manager, Cluster Leaders, the Program Manager, and other Operations Leads.
Springboard Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.