Children spend 75% of their waking hours outside the classroom, yet our school system struggles to capture educational value from this time for children in low-income communities. These students lack continuous access to learning at home and school, slowing down progress during the academic year and leading to chronic regressions over the summer. Springboard Collaborative closes the literacy gap by closing the gap between home and school. We offer summer and afterschool programs that combine differentiated reading instruction for Pre-K through 3rd graders; workshops training parents to teach reading at home; a rigorous coaching cycle for teachers; and an incentive structure that awards learning tools to families in proportion to student reading gains.
Since launch in 2011, Springboard has scaled from 40 students to nearly 4,000. Last summer, our scholars replaced the typical 3-month reading loss with a 3.1-month reading gain. Weekly parent training workshops averaged 91% attendance and were featured in the New York Times, PBS Newshour, and Forbes. We are out ahead of the field proving a simple but powerful truth: parents’ love for their children is the single greatest and most underutilized natural resource in education. Learn more at: https://www.springboardcollaborative.org/.
The East Coast Executive Director (ED) will oversee Philadelphia, New York, and Washington DC, while leading growth and expansion in other cities within the region. The ED will lead regional sales through proactive and persuasive relationship-building with school partners; raise philanthropic funds to support programming; oversee program delivery and performance; and drive stakeholder satisfaction. The ED will report to the CEO and work closely with the national leadership team to develop the vision and strategy for Springboard’s continued regional expansion.
• Increase enrollment in Springboard programs by renewing and expanding existing school partnerships as well as closing new contracts
• Fuel continued expansion by raising philanthropic funds through the cultivation and stewardship of donor relationships
• Foster stakeholder satisfaction across the region, including district leaders, principals, teachers, parents, funders, staff, etc.
• Ensure region meets or exceeds targets by coordinating and supporting local staff in successful program implementation(s)
• Forge strategic partnerships to position Springboard for continued growth
• Increase awareness of Springboard’s innovative programming and strong results by actively participating in external events; use these opportunities to deepen relationships with current partners, to attract new partners, and to establish regional credibility
• Represent the region—and its stakeholders—while convening with the national and executive teams; develop strategic plans for growth, using Springboard’s five-year vision as an anchor
Your skill set
As the incoming ED, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
• You have a proven track record of delivering strong sales results; preference for experience working with school districts
• You deeply understand customers’ needs and priorities. You can quickly identify an individual or group’s priorities and adapt your approach accordingly to build new successful partnerships
• You are a multitasker; you can seamlessly manage multiple sales processes at varying stages while keenly keeping track of all the necessary details to successfully see each process through to a successful close
• You effortlessly switch between focusing on the overall strategic vision and zooming in on the tactical details
• You bring strong communications skills and can quickly build deeply collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
• You are an effective manager, with track record of leading high-performing, collaborative, and happy teams
• You have exceptional time management skills and can independently prioritize tactical and strategic responsibilities to enable successful regional growth
• You thrive while working collaboratively with team members in an innovative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment; you are a self-starter, humble, highly comfortable operating autonomously in a rapidly growing cutting-edge organization;
• You are a voracious problem solver, dedicated to understanding each customer’s unique needs. Your teammates describe you as a data-driven and outcomes-oriented colleague, a master networker who can build authentic relationships in any setting.
Please upload a resume and cover letter addressed to Alejandro Gac-Artigas outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and how you heard about the opportunity. The documents must be in Word or PDF format and should be uploaded here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Springboard Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Springboard is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, gender, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. We celebrate the diversity of our nation and communities, and we seek to build a team that reflects that diversity. We welcome and encourage all applicants who share that same vision, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our powerful mission.