What is Springboard?
Springboard Collaborative coaches educators and families to help kids read on grade level. We help schools dramatically improve outcomes by harnessing the untapped teaching potential within families.
Our 5-10 week Summer, Afterschool, and in-school literacy accelerators all include:
- Personalized instruction for PreK-3rd graders (individual, small group, all class)
- Weekly or biweekly workshops that train families to coach reading at home
- Job-embedded professional development for teachers
- An incentive structure that drives family-educator collaboration and equips families with learning tools
For over a decade, Springboard has coached families and educators to set goals together, practice evidence-based reading strategies, measure progress, and celebrate success. Our recipe for impact is a method we call Family-Educator Learning Accelerators (or FELAs). FELAs are 5-10-week cycles during which educators and families team up to help kids reach learning goals. They have six essential steps, which you can read more about here.
School and district leaders choose to partner with Springboard for a variety of reasons. Do any of these ring true for you?
- You are committed to accelerating reading gains for marginalized student subgroups.
- You want to invest in literacy solutions that build capacity for your educators.
- You want to provide new skills to families to help them improve their child’s reading ability at home.
- You value the convenience of turnkey features and on-demand management support.
- You want to see quantifiable results year after year (two to three months of reading gains).
Get in touch
Springboard can customize a 5-10 week program to meet the needs of your district or school community. Virtual or in-person, at any time of the year!
If you’d like to bring Springboard to your school, get in touch!
How we partner
If you prefer the convenience and peace of mind that accompany a fully managed program, our flagship Summer and Afterschool offering comes with turnkey features and on-demand support.
You may also prefer our train-the-trainer approach, which allows your school or district to implement our playbook more independently and affordably. All of our offerings build the capacity of your teachers and leaders to sustain family-educator partnerships at your school(s).
Check out our case studies below to see how we’ve implemented programs in the past!
“So many parents want to help and see their children growing academically but do not know where to start. After coming to the parent workshops, though, they leave having specific skills to work on with their child that they know will work! Knowing they are doing the ‘right thing’ is so empowering to parents and I love that I am able to give that to them.”
“My child is going into 2nd grade. It’s always been a struggle to encourage her to read before bed. Now, the reading log helps. She says, “Mom, we haven’t read yet, let’s go read!”. She set a goal for herself, saying, “Mom, make sure you time me! Last night I read for 20 minutes. Tonight, I want to read for 30.”
“I think that Springboard is great for kids because they learn and have fun at the same time!”